WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF OSA?
Sleep apnea can occur in men, women and children – of all ages – regardless of their size. Most people with sleep apnea are unaware of their condition. Often it’s someone else – sleeping under the same roof – who sees the first signs of OSA. If you – or someone you know – snores regularly and has any of the following symptoms, it may be sleep apnea.
THE SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS ARE, AMONG OTHERS:
- Loud or disruptive snoring
- Shortness of breath or suffocation during sleep
- Excessive fatigue during the day
OTHER COMMON SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS ARE:
- The frequent need to urinate during the night
- Restless sleep
- Headache when getting up in the morning
- High blood pressure
- Type 2 diabetes
- Depression and increased irritability
- A neck circumference over 16 ” in women and over 17 ” in men or congestion of the upper airways
- Concentration disturbances
- Memory loss
Postmenopausal women are also at greater risk of suffering from sleep apnea.
Take your self-assessment online!
WE HAVE THE RIGHT PRODUCT FOR YOU.
Thérapie CPAP Outaouais has a full range of high-end devices available on the market, their accessories, as well as a variety of breathing masks for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea. We place great importance on the treatment of sleep apnea and provide a high level of service to better help you return to restful sleep with minimal inconvenience.
IS THERE A DOCTOR ON SITE?
At the request of your family doctor, your referring doctor or even a specialist, Thérapie CPAP Outaouais will offer you the possibility of meeting our pulmonologist and sleep specialist at no cost with your valid health card (RAMQ).